Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Lacevember

Oh well....my dreams for a star next to my name in the Lacevember KAL are smashed to bits. There is no way that I will be able to finish my lace scarf by the end of the week. It was still great fun though and I loved going to the blog and seeing the work of so many amazing knitters.


Ronnie - the Lacevember blog would have been just the ticket for you! The lovely lace shawl that you sent me would fit in perfectly with the other amazing creations on display.


I am using my hand painted fingering weight merino yarn (colorway Leah's Roses) to make a Liesel scarf. (Pattern by Mary Joy Gumayagay). It is going to be a Christmas present so I need to keep working on it.

I finished my son's Orange Ribbed Scarf. It came out very nice and he is so pleased. The Blue Sky Cotton is so soft and luscious. It should still be warm enough due to our mild climate in Southern California.

One last note - To my Knit Kit partner. I hope that I didn't convey impatience in my last blog entry. I knew that it was coming from Canada so it would take awhile. I only meant to convey excitement! The waiting is a form of excitement too. I am always wondering if I have a package waiting for me at home and that helps to make my boring work day a little sweeter. :0)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Yarn for Kalei. I'm not upse, I know that you will receive my package hoping this week. Since it's the first time that I join a swap, I will send my package much sooner the next time. And like you, I can't wait to get home at night to see if I receive my package too.

    Take care and happy knitting!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home