Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Secret Pal 9

Here are the answers to my Secret Pal 9 questionaire.

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I love cotton (especially mixed with tencel or another stretchy fiber), alpaca, and soft wools. I am open to everything except Angora (terribly allergic) and rough mohair. I am cursed with allergies and very sensitive skin. :0(

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Right now, they are all over my house and driving my husband nuts. Of course, this does have it's perks because when I can't find my needles that is a great excuse to go to the LYS.... LOL!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

I have been knitting for almost 2 years. I took a private lesson and have been teaching myself and learning from more experienced knitters in my LYS ever since. I would consider myself to be an intermediate knitter. Although I haven't had the guts to tackle lace or cables yet.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No

5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)

I love Fall/Autumn scents (Pumpkin spice, Apple Cider, Apple Cinnamon) and I also love lavender, bergamot, eucalyptus, ylang ylang and other clean herby smells. As I said above I have terrible allergies and anything floral will set them off. As long as it is fruity, herby, or oceanie(if that is a word...)I should be ok.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

My favorite candy is black licorice (the sweet type not the salty type). I love caramels and toffees, too.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I bead, quilt, and scrapbook. I don't spin YET, but I am really excited to learn. I am just waiting for some free time so that I can take a class. I also would love to learn to dye yarn.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

I am ecclectic and like most types of music. My favorite playlists right now are Jack Johnson, Brad Paisely, Bob Marley, Black Eyed Peas. Yes, I can play MP3s.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?

My favorite color is Pink, Pink, Pink! :0) I also love brown (especially with pink LOL), blues, reds, and lavenders. I love all colors and there aren't any that I don't like.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I have a hubby and 2 boys, ages 10 & 12. No pets! Again with the allergies... :0)

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Yes, Yes, Yes, and Yes. I will wear anything hand made with pride because I know how much effort and care goes into creating each piece.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I like scarves because they are quick and make good presents. I am also recently branching out into felted bags and I need to try out the MDK (Mason Dixon Knitting) washcloths. I have had the book for months and I spend hours looking at everything, and still have only made the baby bibs and burp cloths.

13. What are you knitting right now?

2 scarves, and a felted bag (we won't count the bunch of UFOs on other needles around my house....)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Love them!!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I prefer bamboo circulars, but I also like bamboo or wood straights.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Way too old....it was a shower gift for a friend's baby who just turned one. LOL! But I switched to another yarn and was able to finish and give them another blanket months ago.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Halloween closely followed by the entire Fall/Winter season.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Fairies and butterflies

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I am always looking for new yarns to try, especially hand dyed yarns with variegated colors. They are so beautiful. I don't have any knitting magazine subscriptions but I do have a lot of knitting books. I am a HUGE fan of books. All types, I love to read as much as I love to knit.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

I really want to learn how to make socks.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I haven't been able to make one yet. I have a size 6-7 US women's foot.

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)

October 24th

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home