Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Sunday, September 03, 2006


A Head Start on the Christmas Madness....

I am trying to get a headstart on the Christmas madness. But of course, that is what I said last year and I was knitting into the wee hours on Christmas eve.... :0)

I am doing several scarves in a simple garter stitch. It is quick and easy and lets the real star of the show (the yarn) shine through. The yarn is hand painted yarn by Isis. It is acrylic, but heavenly soft and at $24 per skein not your typical acrylic yarn.

I picked the skeins up on a trip up north to Cambria, CA. My wonderful husband let me spend an hour in the yarn store on our 6th anniversary holiday trip. What a great guy!!! The yarn store is called Ball & Skein & More. If you are ever in the area, it is a must see. The women in the shop were very helpful and kind. They have a lot of beautiful yarn and finished products in that store. I have been back twice since. It is about a 6 hour drive from my house, so that has got to tell you how special it is.

I have posted a pick of a scarf on the needles and the 2 skeins that are next in line. LOVE the colors and the silky, soft texture of the yarn. I will definitely be buying more of this yarn in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home