Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Monday, November 13, 2006

Busy, Busy, Busy!

It has been crazy busy here at home. We had to tent for termites so that just sucked up a week of my time. First you have to pack everything up, find somewhere out of the house to put it for 4 days and then bring it back in and put everything away. It is like having to do a small move. What a pain in the behind. But, I guess that is better than the termites eating my house until it falls down around my ears.

I spent an hour at the post office today sending out packages. I got my November gift off to my SP9 pal. I hope she likes it. I don't want to say to much about what was in it or she might find out who I am. But I was proud of it and I hope she enjoys the extra touches I put into it. I also sent out a final package to my secret sister swap. It was a pretty big one and I sent her some good packages earlier so I think she will be happy. I have to say that the Secret Sister swap is the only one that I have participated in where I haven't at least gotten something decent. I think I will stick to knitter related swaps from now on. They seem to go very well. All of the knitter swap partners I have had have been very generous to me. Which makes me feel good because I try to be very generous with my swap partners.

Speaking of great swap partners....I sent out a package to my pal Ronnie too. It is about time! I sent her the stitch markers I made for her and her daughter along with some tea and yarny goodness. :0)

I'll try to check in later this week with some knitting pics, but life might get in my way. This is my older son's first year in Jr. High and he has TONS of work. So I spend most of my evenings helping him stay on track with everything until he gets the hang of it. I am working on his scarf and matching hat for Christmas. He loves orange and has terrible allergies like his Mum, so Blue Sky Cotton in a burnt orange color it is! I also got a bunch of skeins in Red to do his brother's set. It was then that my little one informed me that he would like a Red and Yellow scarf/hat set. It will be perfect for rooting for the USC Trojans and Harry Potter. :0) That boy is after my own heart I tell you. Ok...enough rambling for now....

2 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi,

    Just a little word to tell you that your knit knit is on the way and that I hope that you will love it.

    Your pal from the knit kit swap.

     
  • At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aren't the swaps great! Watch your mail come December!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home