Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Crazy Week and a Contest!

As usual in my life...it has been a crazy week. Birthdays, Potential Lay-Offs, tonsilitis...you get the picture! ;0)

The icing on the cake was that yesterday my 13 year old comes home and says that he needs to do a report on a French speaking country and sew it's flag. No Problem, I say we can make a little flag out of left over felt. No...that would be too easy! It needs to be a BIG flag, a 2 feet by 3 feet flag. So I am in JoAnn's at 8:45 pm buying yards of felt and all the women in line look at me and say.."Last minute project one of your kids forgot to mention?" It was hilarious. We were all in there scrambling to get materials for projects due the next morning. And of course, when I pull out my sewing machine someone has removed the power cord and foot pedal and no matter how hard we search it is no where to be found. So at 9:30pm I begin to hand sew a 2x3 foot multi-colored flag. (At least it was for Monaco which is basically a big red stripe and a big white strip sown together.) My Name is Earl, The Office, the 2hr Grey's Anatomy, and last night's Grey's Anatomy later, it was ready to go! :0)

So in honor of my crazy and hectic life I am throwing a contest. Comment with your crazy last minute or total comedy of errors story and I will have my sons pick 2 names and send out something yarny and fabulous to the winners! It doesn't have to involve kids, it can be about pets or just anything that is frustrating and funny at the same time.

Let's keep the contest open until Tues, 5/15/07.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Montreal Mama said…

    Cool - a contest!

    I've ran to the pharmacy at 5 minteus to midnight, while in College hoping they had supplies for a project that I've "forgotten" to do. Rummaging through things that "could" work for the project, and ending up buying stuff that I probably didn't even need.... THEN - to realize the next day in class, it wasn't due until the next week! Ha... college... I miss those days!

     
  • At 11:59 AM, Blogger ikkinlala said…

    The latest crazy last-minute story in my life involves an essay I wrote for a geography class. The professor had given us a course outline which stated one due date and an assignment outline which stated one a week later, and I had been basing my schedule on the assignment outline, thinking they were the same. I was reading the course outline for another reason the night before the earlier date and realized that it might be due then, so I stayed up for most of the night writing the essay. When I tried to print it in the morning I found that my printer had run out of ink, so I e-mailed it to myself and planned to print it off once I got to school. Unfortunately, a connecting bus was early and I missed it, so I had to hitch a ride and ended up getting to school 5 minutes before the class started. I rushed to the library, printed my essay, and got to class only a few minutes late, only to find that other people had been confused by the two due dates so it wasn't actually due that day.

    It's funny in hindsight, but at the time I was kind of angry.

     
  • At 5:05 AM, Blogger Calling on Kahlo said…

    Hmm, there are so many, but for some reason I chose to make a huge project and the night before to add a "quick accessory". For instance, for my friend's baby shower I blocked the baby blanket the night before and decided to make a matching hat and booties with the leftover yarn. I gave up at 12pm, I was too tired.

    One Christmas Eve, I was knitting my father's basketweave scarf until 3am so that I could finish in time and then he told me if it was that much work I should have bought it at the store. It was a nice scarf too.

    My biggest problem is that I will sometimes finish the project, and then forget about the wrapping. I have been known to use comics section of the newspaper for wrapping paper.

     
  • At 1:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Whenever I travel, especially when driving out of town... I rummage around thinking... "I'll also need this, and this.. Oh and what if I need this?!" Before I know it, I've packed everything but the kitchen sink. And most of the time, I'll only be gone for a night or two. I always over pack... To this day and likely this weekend, I'll be be overpacking.

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Blogger Calling on Kahlo said…

    I am tagging you lady. callingonkahlo.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home