Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

My First Sock!


Here it is! My first attempt at a sock! I can't believe I waited this long to try one. I always thought that it would be so hard, but it was actually pretty easy and a fast knit so far. The stitches in the heel are a bit looser than I would have liked but I can use smaller needles or keep better track of my tension on my next pair. The good news is that it impressed my husband enough for him to agree to let me make him a pair. :0)

5 Comments:

  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger The Imperfect Knitter said…

    It is BEAUTIFUL , your very first sock , soon you will be knitting them so fast , you can do anything if you put your mind to it ( or so my mother used to say when she wanted me to do the ironing !! )

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Mary Heather said…

    Congratulations on your first sock! I haven't made one yet, and sometimes think I never will, but sometimes I do want to try!

     
  • At 2:14 PM, Blogger Natalie said…

    Great job. It look comfy!

     
  • At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    VERY nice yarn for a first sock - and it looks like you're going very well along on it! :D

     
  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Sue H said…

    Good job on your first sock, once you've done one, you're hooked. Welcome to sock-knitters united.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home