Yarn Candy and Fav Color Swap 2
MMMMMMMMmmmmmmm....Yarn Candy! I went to La Petite Knitterie yesterday and got some lovely light blue melange Blue Sky Alpaca and Heather Inca Alpaca to make Irish Hiking scarfs for Lukas's parents. While I was there I couldn't help but get some of the loveliest Argosy Hand Dyed Cashmere for a beanie for me to wear in NJ. It is going to be COLD and a simple beanie made out of this cashmere is going to keep me warm and look great too!
Ok..down to business... Favorite Color Swap Questionnaire
1. What are your top three favorite colors? Pink and Burgundy are my favorite colors but I also love blues, greens, and creams. All colors actually as long as they are not neon.
2. What crafts do you really enjoy? I love to Knit, dye, bead, and quilt. I am also learning to spin.
3. What products do you really covet? I love fiddlesticks needles and soft, luxurious yarn.
4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things? I love to read, watch TV/Movies, cook and bake, and hang out with my boys.
5. Is there anything you collect? I collect fairies and love butterflies and dragonflies
6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol? Scorpio and Year of the Boar. It is my year beginning this coming Sunday. (Chinese New Year)
7.What are your favorite…
…scents/smells? Herby clean smells. I have allergies so I try to stay away from flowery smells. I love lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, and all fruity type smells.
…types of music and/or bands? I like all kinds of music. Very eclectic tastes.
…authors? Too many to count, LOVE Harry Potter, Garth Nix, Nora Roberts. I also have eclectic tastes in reading. Everything is fair game as long as it is a good read.
…animals? I like turtles and dolphins.
…places to shop? Yarn stores and book stores get most of my money.
…season? Fall is my favorite season followed by summer
…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies? I love soft cotton yarn. It works well for my family because we all have allergies and cotton is the only yarn I have never had an allergy to. That being said, I also love to knit with alpaca and soft wools, they just almost always become gifts for other people.
…candies or goodies? I love black licorice and caramels. Not a big chocolate fan, but I love good oatmeal raisin cookies.
8. Do you have any wish lists? No. But I would love some hand painted sock yarn. My resolutions for this year are to knit a pair of socks and my first sweater.
9. Are you allergic to anything?Terribly allergic to angora--I can't even touch it. I also have mild allergic reactions to scratchy wool and mohair.
10. Do you have any pets? What are they? No pets. Allergies again.
11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy. I love tea and my family loves hot cocoa. So if you have any great teas or cocoas that you know of those would be great.