Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Friday, March 16, 2007

SP10 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love Merino and Cotton yarns. I also like good quality acrylics and mixed yarns like cotton/tencel. I am HUGELY allergic to angora. I also cannot wear scratchy mohair or wool. I love to knit with Alpaca, but I cannot wear it.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a beautiful new needle holder from the wonderful Anna, my SP9 pal.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would say I am an intermediate knitter at this point. I learned several years ago, but I have only been knitting seriously for the past 2 1/2 years.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? no

5. What's your favorite scent? I like clean herby scents and fruity scents. Rosemary, Eucalyptus, Lavendar or Peach, Pink Grapefruit, Apple, etc. I am allergic to floral scents.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? I love black licorice. Especially the Panda brand. Anna and Ronnie have gotten me hooked. I am not a huge fan of chocolate, but I do love caramels and things with peanut butter.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I love to dye yarn, bead, sew, quilt, and scrapbook. I do spin, but I am not thrilled with my progress on the drop spindle and I am trying to talk my hubby into buying me a spinning wheel for christmas this year.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)yes and I like most music.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?My favorite color is Pink. I also love burgundy, red, light blues, light greens, pale yellow. I like most colors as long as they are not day glow or pukey bland.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? No pets, terribly allergic.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?I wear scarves, hats, mittens, shawls and I would wear a poncho if it was elegant.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I love to knit scarves, hats, bags, and baby blankets and baby sweaters. It is my goal to knit socks and an adult sweater this year.

13. What are you knitting right now? I am knitting 2 Irish Hiking scarves for some friends, still plugging away at my Liesel lace scarf, a hat for my son, and I am dying to cast on for Calirometry with my new malabrigo that I picked up visiting the amazing Monica at Calling Kahlo. I am not a particularly faithful knitter. I tend to have tons of projects on the needles and finish them as my whims dictate.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love to receive hand made gifts

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like both straight and circular needles but I don't like metal needles. I prefer bamboo or wood.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes and Yes. I LOVE them both!

17. How old is your oldest UFO? Almost 3 years now. It will never be finished.

18. What is your favorite holiday? I love Halloween, closely followed by Thanksgiving and Christmas. I am a Fall kind of girl.

19. Is there anything that you collect?I collect butterflies, fairies, and dragonflies.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I would love any EZ book. I also want to knit the Chevron scarf.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? I am learning to knit socks right now. I would also like to learn the Moebius.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? Beg sock knitter. I have a size 6 US foot.

23. When is your birthday? October 24

1 Comments:

  • At 1:21 AM, Blogger The Imperfect Knitter said…

    I know what you mean about lots of UFO's , one day I shall count up all of the bags of knitting that are just begging to be finished ( some just need sewing up ) and just possibly frighten myself half to death , but in the meantime, happy knitting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home