Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

You know you might have a problem when.....

You plan for weeks to go on a hiking trip to Joshua tree and 45 mins into the drive you realize that you left your hiking boots, hat, and gloves at home, but have 3 different knitting projects for your 3 day trip just in case you get bored. LOL!

Oh well, we still had a great time even though I was so upset about leaving my boots behind. I LOVE those boots and I don't get to use them as much as I would like, so I jump at every chance I get. I was really looking foward to climbing over the rocks and hiking in the desert in those boots. One of the good things is that I was able to keep up with the kids (my two plus 2 nieces and a nephew) and my hubby. I know that if I hadn't been working out diligently for the past 1 1/2 months there is no way I would have been able to pull myself up those rocks and be able to scramble around with the kids. YEY! I am so bummed though because it is taking a lot longer than I had hoped to take the weight off. But I am definitely losing inches and toning muscle. I am sure that if I just buckled down and cut carbs out it would go a lot faster but I just don't want to do that kind of diet anymore. I know that it works but I just can't maintain it. I am trying to go back to basics and burn more calories than I take in and excersise on a regular basis. It is a lot slower, but hopefully it will be permanent since I am changing my life instead of doing a diet.

Sorry for the long post. No pics, but I will hopefully get some posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home