Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Monday, September 24, 2007

2 posts in one day??? what is the world coming to???



I received my Hogwart's Sock Swap 2 package. It is awesome! Theresa spoiled me rotten. She made me the coolest red socks with the Harry Potter lightning bolts on it. They are so soft and comfy and they fit perfectly. She also made a totally cool harry potter bookmark. I had to fight my mom and kids for that one. They are always trying to get in on my knitting swap action! ;0) Some new sock yarn and a pattern and a cute note. I feel so lucky. I am working on her package in return and I hope that she will be as happy with it as I am with hers. Thanks Theresa!!!


My Hubby's 1st Sock


So I finished my hubby's first sock. I am so glad I finally got him to agree to let me make him a pair. He seems to like it a lot. Here are 2 pics. Pic one has my hubby's sexy leg ;0) and more importantly my new couch!!! I can't express how much I love this couch. I love the color, texture and man it is so comfy. Plus I have been waiting 3 years to buys this couch so it feels really good to sit down on it and knit. :0) The second pic is a close up of the sock. Plain jane(or should i say joe) stockinette sock. I am not thrilled with the yarn though. It is elsebeth lavold silky wool and it had quite a bit of vegetation in it. Hay and all kinds of scratchy dried grass. Yuck! I tried to remove it as I was knitting and sometimes it caused the yarn to weaken because there was so much vegetation that when I removed it the yarn fell apart. Argh!!! I will not pick this yarn to knit again, but fortunately the sock turned out ok.

Hope everyone out there is having a great week so far!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:47 PM, Blogger Theresa said…

    Glad you like it - that's a superfun sock pattern if you're so inclined!

     
  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Sue H said…

    Great socks (both pairs, or should I say the pair and the single, hehe) and I love the bookmark.

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger The Imperfect Knitter said…

    I sympathise with you over the yarn/vegetaion , I was knitting with reclaimed sari silk , some of the ' lumps of wood' in it actually scratched my cherished knit picks , I won't be trying that again in a hurry . Glad you are recovering well .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home