Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

I'm on a mission!

So I know this is supposed to be a yarn/knitting blog but I think I am going to have to branch out a bit and talk about something a bit personal.

Let's just say that the pics from Hawaii and a horrible picture from a wedding (where I literally look like a pregnant oompah loompah) have set me on a mission. Six years ago (I can't believe that it has been so long) I used to be 3/4ths of the person I am today. :0)

I look at the pictures and just can't figure out how I became the person in the pictures. I have been trying to lose the weight on and off over the last 3-4 years but I have never been able to keep it off longer than 6 months before it starts to creep back on. This has been very difficult for me because I was always an athlete and extremely fit.

At the risk of looking like an arse if I don't suceed this time, I just felt like it wouldn't hurt to talk about it. I couldn't do any worse than I have in the past right?

So I have been walking and watching what I eat and although I have only lost 17 pounds since last December, (I lost it fairly quickly and then stalled out recently)I have gone down two sizes in my clothes. I have set up a training bike and my treadmill so that I can increase my workouts and step it up a bit.

I am hoping to lose another 30 pounds by the end of the year. I am hoping that will be a very reachable goal.

So I may periodically update everyone on my progress. Maybe knowing that I will be writing about where I am will help me get my butt out of bed so I can exercise in the morning in addition to late at night. LOL!

Thanks for listening!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:39 AM, Blogger Calling on Kahlo said…

    Good Luck! I agree, I used to be much slimmer than previously and I had made progress until my recent vacation. Now, I need to get back on traack. Back to the gym, back to salads, and no sugar.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Mary said…

    Congratulations on your success thus far!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home