Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

WOW! Where does the time go???

I know it has been months. But is has been a bit crazy here at my house. With my new job and the boys' rigorous school schedule, things have been really hectic. I have been diligently going to the gym though and that has seriously cut into my knitting and blogging time. Which is good and bad. Good for my health, but not good for my blog or my swaps. I will say that the gym has been paying off. My waist is currently 4 inches less than I was in November so that is something at least. I have to be better at watching my calories though. If I was doing as good at that as I was with my workouts I would be down even more.

I will post pics later of a very late package that I finished at the end of december. I have been knitting quite a bit. I really need to for the stress reduction. I finished a scarf for my younger son who insisted that I didn't love him because I hadn't knitted him his requested red scarf. Of course, he forgot to mention that I have knitted several for him, but he declared that they were all too itchy. :0) He has allergies and I thought that some butter soft alpaca would be good enough, but no way. So I did this one in cotton and it finally didn't itch. It came out quite charming and he really likes it. So it all worked out in the end. I am also almost finished with a blanket for charity (a volunteer program at work) and it has been taking forever. The darn thing is ginormous. I swear that it is going to be big enough for a crib size blanket instead of just a little blanket. Must pay more attention to the gauge and the size dimensions of the pattern before just jumping in and doing the fun part.

I want to try and be better about posting, but I can't promise because life just seems to be crazy for me. At least it is never boring! :0)

I hope that you are all having a wonderful new year. My 2008 bring you lots of happiness, laughter, love, and fantastic knitting!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Theresa said…

    New year - new blog :) Thanks for the great package!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home