Yarn for Kalei

Adventures in crafting...my obsession with yarn, beads, and scrapbooking.

Saturday, November 01, 2008

Gryffindor House Assignment #4

1. Name your favorite magical creature, and describe why it is your favorite.
My favorite magical creatures are fairies, closely followed by dragons. I have always loved fairies. In fact, I couldn't wait to turn 18 so that I could go and get my fairy tattoo. And not to give away my age, but this was WAY before tattoos were mainstream. (LOL) I have also always liked dragons and then it was fate that my husband's (who is Cantonese) last name means dragon when you translate it from Cantonese to English. How cool is that?

2. Tell us your favorite charm, spell or curse, and explain why you like it.
My original favorite spell is lumos. I just think it sounds so cool and it was one of my favorite spells to cast on the original Harry Potter video game. BUT since then I have to say if I could pick any spell to be able to do, it would be Episkey, which repairs harm to a person. I am extremely accident prone and frequently get hurt. It would be so amazing if I could just cast a spell and fix everything back up again. It would save me a ton of time at the emergency room. :0)

3. Describe your favorite holiday family tradition - which holiday and what makes it special.
My favorite holiday tradition is to go with my family and pick out our Christmas tree. We usually go the weekend after Thanksgiving. I grew up in Hawaii and getting a Christmas tree was such a huge thing because we don't really have too many evergreen type trees there. We always got it as soon as we could and kept it until we had to take it down because it was about to become a fire hazard. I have continued that with my hubby and kids and they love it too. I just love the smell and the festive atmosphere that it gives the entire house.

4. Name your favorite fiber-based (knitted, crocheted, or spun) finished object.
I think my favorite finished object was a pair of hand painted, merino, self-striping socks in the Ravenclaw colorway that I made for my swap partner in different Harry Potter sock swap. They just came out fabulously. Boring old stockinette, but it really is the best pattern for striping socks because it shows off the colors beautifully.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:45 PM, Blogger Penelope Caerphilly said…

    ::pokes:: Hey, I haven't heard from you in a few weeks. How's the swap going for you? How are you doing?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home